Pea Gravel Delivery Services
Pea Gravel Is Perfect for Patios, Pathways, & Driveways
Atlas Roll-Off specializes in the delivery of many different types of crushed stone, including pea gravel. Pea gravel are round fragments of pea-size stone that provide a nice, satisfying "crunch" when you walk over it similar to a crispy cereal. This material is great for covering driveways, pathways, and for filling empty spaces between stone pavers. It is also inexpensive and versatile, which makes it perfect for a lot of home projects and construction tasks. A simple and easy to use material for contractors and landscapers to use. Contact us today to learn more about pea gravel and its uses.
Pea Gravel Delivery for Brooklyn and Greater NYC Area
Pea gravel also offers a natural appearance and permeability to help build a weed and mud-free path, driveway, or edge. Interested in the purchase and delivery of pea gravel for a construction or home project in Brooklyn, New York or on Long Island? Then please reach out to us today to learn more and get a quote for the delivery. Other types of crushed stone we deliver includes construction gravel, riprap stone, and rca materials. Located in Brooklyn, we work with many customers throughout the greater NYC area.
Best Uses for Pea Gravel
Pea gravel are small, fluid stones that you often find near bodies of water and offer an appealingly smooth texture. Pea gravel comes in sizes that range from 1/8 inch to 3/8 inch, which measures out to around the size of a pea. And you get often get pea gravel in a variety of natural colors, such as buff, shades of grey, white, translucent, and rust brown.
The best uses for pea gravel includes paths, patios, driveways, and playgrounds. Surprisingly, pea gravel is an often-overlooked mulch material around containers and garden plants, despite the fact that is effectively suppresses weed growth, retains moisture, and does not decompose like organic mulch.
However, due to its tendency to travel, pea gravel must be contained by some sort of edging material, like brick or stone. But when properly used, it provides excellent drainage, as well as a rodent barrier since rodents cannot dig through the pea gravel.
Pea gravel also shifts underfoot, so it can be hard to drag any wheeled conveyance, such as a stroller, a suitcase or wheelbarrow. And may not be stable enough to support outdoor furniture. Just something to consider when you are looking to use it for your yard.
Pros & Cons of Using Pea Gravel
When you use pea gravel for your yard, there are some common pros and cons that come with it. Let's take a look at some of the ways it is a good and bad material considering the circumstances.
- It is inexpensive.
- Pea gravel delivery makes it easy to install.
- It is versatile and can be used for paths, patios, driveways, or as a base for paving stones.
- Prevents the growth of weeds.
- Improves the overall drainage of the area.
- Easy to maintain by raking the stones into place.
- Effectively prevents erosion.
- Services as a barrier for rodents when you use it around the base of a house or building.
- It travels easily, so you need to contain it with edging materials.
- Difficult to remove from the soil if you ever do decide to change the landscape of the yard or area.
- Does not provide a solid base for dining or outdoor furniture.
- Shifts when walking on it, so the base rock must be added underneath to prevent that from happening.
- Difficult when you need to remove snow.
- Needs to be replenished every few years due to the fact that it washes away easily.
- When compared to flagstones or concrete, it is more uncomfortable on bare feet.
When you take it all of the pros and cons, pea gravel can be a great material to use in many circumstances. If you are looking for affordable delivery of pea gravel to your home or business for an upcoming project, look no further than Atlas Roll-Off! Located on Essex Street in Brooklyn, we deliver our materials to customers across the borough of Brooklyn, the greater NYC area and throughout Long Island, New York. As well as parts of Westchester and New Jersey. So if it is stone you need, we can deliver.